JOB TITLE: Recruitment & Compliance Officer
REPORTING TO: General Secretary, National Construction Official(s)
WORK LOCATION: Principally Dublin, with some Regional Assignments
• To recruit and organise Technical, Engineering, Mechanical, Civil & Electrical workers into the TEEU.
• To contribute to the overall recruitment and organising activities of the union.
• Engage in campaigns to include construction and the many other relevant sectors of the economy.
• To be responsible for delivery on agreed targets both nationally, regionally and locally in accordance with the TEEU’s strategic plan and organising strategy.
• Recording the information by whatever means is in place at that time in the union (e.g. electronic or manual report sheets, geotagging etc.)
• A knowledge of the construction industry (Civil, Mechanical & Electrical)
• A trade union background and experience in fighting for working people
• A working knowledge of Microsoft office, share-point etc. an advantage
• A knowledge of employment legislation and relevant national agreements
• Must hold a full clean driving licence
• While self-motivated has the ability to be a team player
• Ability to handle conflict, pressure and competing priorities
• Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
• Ability to be flexible in approach to issues and hours of work
• Good organisational ability and good timekeeping essential
Interested members should forward their CV for the attention of the General Secretary to Tamara Harte at firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business Friday 8th September 2017.